1/08/2005

Nursery Rhymes for the Urban Cynic

a VERY special post ... the first few are nonsense, but they gather steam... to be read ALOUD, preferably to your small children... guaranteed smiles!


*ahem*


Fluffy

Binky dinky trucks, filled with magic marshmallow fluff.
Beep beep! Beep beep!
Clear away the marshmallow path; clear it fast
– or face my Pegasus puff-pillow wrath!
I’m deep in a fluffy gunk,
so lock me in the puffy trunk
– I’ll munch my way to heaven!



Ronny Roy

Zassy passy joy – here comes Ronny Roy,
a tall thin chap with a leather cap -
his glass eye rolling on the floor.
Hey hey Ronny, you’re so funny, let me ope the door!
Do not sigh, here’s your eye,
come on in – we’re drinking gin!
You cannot ask for more!



Jelly or Jally

It’s jelly, Jimmy, or jally:
you can sidle, Jimmy, or you can shimmy,
you can slurp or you can spit
– but, Jimmy Jones, you should know that
we’ll get quite fed up with it!



Fuzzy Frederick Froo

Fuzzy furry Frederick Froo, fashioned fire with his foxes two
Fie fie, Freddy – it’s time to get to beddy:
Angel pies with angel eyes will tickle your pink belly!


(they start to degenerate into the sensical - and the cynical - around here...)


Market

Ooga booga, ooga booga
fluctuate flump and flash
eat some bangers, eat some mash
bug-eyed babies wail the crash
– time to sell your shirt for cash!



Print

Happy slappy pap – read it like a map,
Following squiggles makes you giggle
wiggle wiggle, wriggle wriggle
– I think that’s a wrap!



Earthquake

Underground sounds: pound crash crack!
The earth is in a lurch – look out above,
the mountains are on drugs!
Screech and scrape, lava bakes
– it’s smashing us silly mugs!



Tube

Watch the talking box, look at how it squawks;
it’s so silly, willy-nilly – I’d rather play with rocks!



Traffic

The beetles on the street, crush em with your feet –
Oh no, oh no, they’re made of magic rubber metal!
They got glowing eyes and teeth!
The light is red, stand on your head
Now it’s green, so you can dream
– please go right ahead!



Firewater

The fire’s in the water, flaming in a bottle,
drink it up, or drink it down
look, the world is spinning round
– out the door you wobble!



Black Bean

Black bean, black bean, make me jump
if I don’t sniff you I’m a grump
milk and cream, spoon and steam
– we’re a clump of sugary lumps!



After hours

Pizza man, pizza man, bake me a pie,
oregano-basil and turn it on high
it’s getting late, my date can’t wait
– I’m so munchy I could die!



Bus stop

Wait all day, wait all night,
wait so long I want to fight
I need the bus, and so do you,
could it be in Timbuktu?
– the driver is a possum!



Sidewalk

Blompity rompity clomp – through the snow we stomp,
slushy stewy mushy mash – don’t fall your on ass!



Office

Look up, look down,
don’t look around, don't make a sound
the going up, the going down,
– the elevator is so stuffy!



Hobo

Oh one-eyed Jim, where do you sleep?
On the sidewalk? That’s pretty neat
– live and work in just one place!
Jiggle, jingle, fill that cup
here’s a coin, now please let up
– we’re all in such a hurry!



Newspaper

Newspaper, newspaper, spin me a yarn,
splice it together and stitch it up fast
– I don’t have time to bother with facts!



Medication

Sticky licky ricky roo
I have something good for you
I know something you must do:
turn the lights off two by two, in the dark you swallow goo
Woohoo woohoo – now you don’t feel so blue!



SUV

Sparkly pizzazz, cool suburbia fad! My abs are fab!
I don’t do carbs, but I do yoga
– look at me, blending in so flawlessly!
My dog’s a collie, my girl's a Dolly
and my Filipino nanny’s name is Molly!



Metrosexual

Tell me boy, what is your Gay-Q?
If you live downtown, I bet it’s two-hundred and two!
Do you, do you, do you look gay?
Hey hey hey, it’s hip to act gay – tall, skinny and gay
– it’s the surest way for a guy to get laid!



Bleeding Heart

Don’t eat meat – it’s bad!
Don’t use paper – trees will die!
Don’t say those words – it’s not allowed!
Don’t do anything – we might not like it!
And whatever you do,
don’t tell me what to think
– I’m a unique freedom-loving individual
and so are my unwashed friends!


No comments: