7/28/2006

How upset are you?

I am profoundly upset.

In a 'once every two years' kind of way.

A literally gut-wrenching kind of upset. My back hurts thinking about it.

I want to grab a sledgehammer and smash something to pieces.

What I most want to smash to pieces is the instant-replay machine in my mind.


...



Shit. That didn't work.


Let's think things through: I've got that fight-or-flight response. If your brain thinks it's real, your body will react. I've got to neutralize the bear in my head. Then the pain will stop. The bear, you see, is never as real or big as you think.




+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+





Nope.


Let's try swearing.


$#**$&!!*#!(*$(@@)))$$(((!#$##^%!%^@#^#$@@((@)#@#@%@$#*!($#)$_$*@(#&@
Fake fuckin bear - makes me short of breath - shadows instead of bars
$#**$&!!*#!(*$(@@)))$$(((!#$##^%!%^@#^#$@@((@)#@#@%@$#*!($#)$_$*@(#&@
take that, largely fictitious scourge
$#**$&!!*#!(*$(@@)))$$(((!#$##^%!%^@#^#$@@((@)#@#@%@$#*!($#)$_$*@(#&@


Phew, good to get that off my chest.

Eventually, see, it gets better.

....

Oh. Wait. Shit. Gradually diminishing aftershocks of regret. All. Too. gradual.

What's a ^#&^#&#^&#^ stupid caveman to do?

If anyone wants me, I'm in my cave, sulking.


...

(And if you've seen my bear - don't dress up in furry clothes. Shame on me if I accidentally sledgehammer you over the head.)

No comments: